All Volunteer Responders are being asked to step forward and complete a new ID check.
The ID process must be started on the GoodSAM website at GoodSAMapp.org and is not available on the app. For instructions on how to carry out your ID checks, watch our film or follow the instructions below.
1. You will need to login to your account using the username (email address) and password you entered when you signed up. If you don’t know your password you can enter your email address and click ‘reset password’.
2. When logged in, you will then need to click on the button under the ‘Your ID checking process’ section. You can also amend any of your details on this page and change your password if necessary.
3. Once you have clicked on the link in the text message, you will be redirected to the ID checking website.
You must first tick the box to confirm you consent to the Privacy agreement and then click continue.
If you wish to check which forms of ID are acceptable you can click onto the acceptable documents button and select United Kingdom from the search bar.
Then click on the 'capture my ID' button which will open up the camera for you take a photo of your ID.
You will then be automatically directed to next screen where you can verify your documents.
4. Your ID details will be pre-populated with the information from your ID. Tick the consent box and click on the ‘my details are correct’ button.
You will then be asked to take a selfie video to match you to your ID. The camera will automatically be on selfie mode and you will need to press continue to proceed. The video will be taken and verified against your ID.
When the process is complete you will see a thank you message on the screen and you can then close the webpage on your phone.
5. When the ID check is complete, you will receive an email to let you know your ID check is complete and you can log in to the GoodSam app to start receiving tasks.
Print entire guide
Page last reviewed: 16 November 2023