Our volunteering agreement
We want to make your volunteering experience with us enjoyable, rewarding and safe.
The information below outlines what we can expect from each other whilst you volunteer with us.
You can expect us to provide you with:
- A safe, respectful, fair and non-discriminatory volunteering environment.
- A clear explanation of what your role involves, what is expected of you and who you need to speak to if you need support.
- Payment of your transport expenses.
- The ability to stop volunteering with us without pressure or judgement.
As a volunteer with Royal Voluntary Service we ask that you agree to:
- Recognise that the needs of the charity’s beneficiaries are our priority.
- Perform your volunteering role to the best of your ability.
- Respect people’s differences and be willing to listen and learn, even when views and culture are different to yours.
- Be accountable for your actions.
- Support and abide by the charity’s instructions within the documents provided to you.
- Not accepting any gifts or money from people you are supporting.
- Respect and maintain confidentiality, keeping any information you gain about the charity, its services and those we help confidential, even after you leave.
- Read the programme updates we send via email and SMS.
By agreeing to the terms and conditions in the sign-up process you are confirming that you have read and understood the requirements of the activity/ies for which you have applied for as a volunteer. This includes confirmation that you understand the boundaries and responsibilities associated with your role and know of no reason that you are unable to safely and competently perform your duties.
Print entire guide
Page last reviewed: 20 December 2023