How to request Steward Volunteers for vaccination support
Steward Volunteers play an important role, able to provide guidance around vaccination sites, and a friendly welcome to reassure nervous people.
Make a request online
They are available to support you and are looking forward to joining your team.
- Volunteer Responders are available across England in large numbers
- They are already recruited and credentials checked
- You do not have to pay their expenses
- They have their own hi-vis clothing
- They can be booked online easily
- Volunteers are sourced quickly (shifts are filled within 2 hours of being offered)
- Volunteers are supported by Royal Voluntary Service
- All volunteers have guidance and access to a 7-day-a-week support line and safeguarding team.
How it works
Steward Volunteers are automatically sent tasks direct to the app on their phone when nearby volunteer shifts are added to the system. If they want to attend, they simply ‘swipe’ in the app and they are booked. For vaccination sites, this provides a near-instant means of finding and allocating Steward Volunteers to a busy shift schedule.
How do I book Steward Volunteers?
Visit the referrer portal to place your first referral. Guidance on how to book Steward Volunteers can be found within the instruction document supplied on the referral form and from here you can easily manage your booking through our dashboard. To find out more, arrange a meeting with one of our Regional Relationship Managers.
Please note that you are responsible for volunteer safety while they are on-site, and you must provide them with an orientation when they arrive. In the unlikely event you have concerns or issues about volunteer behaviour, you must let Royal Voluntary Service know.