Connect volunteers will support people to participate in activities but will not be able to complete activities on behalf of the person requiring support.
The activity should be about the volunteer doing things with the person, not for the person. Please see the examples below and get in touch with our support team if you have further questions 0808 196 3382.
Acceptable activities – to be completed together
- Gardening support e.g. planting bulbs etc
- Arts and crafts
- Supporting to access activities in the community e.g. going for a walk, visiting a library, social group or lunch club
- Support to access the local shops or supermarkets to do their own shopping, accompanying them to a local café
- Support to use technology e.g. placing an online grocery order or setting up an email address
- Support to use public transport e.g. finding and using the local bus routes
- Support to maintain relationships by supporting people to visit a loved one in hospital or residential care
- Gardening tasks e.g. mowing lawns, cutting trees, heavy lifting
- Making meals
- Personal care e.g. supporting people to the toilet, getting dressed, feeding, hairstyling etc
- Being a collection and delivery service
- Collecting and dropping to personal appointments