Volunteer eNewsletter

Your questions answered

Questions this week include how to make an expenses claim, what you can claim expenses for and what is the process for submitting your expenses.

Read our latest FAQs
How do I make an expenses claim?

You will receive an email from Royal Voluntary Service about the NHS and Care Volunteer Responders Expenses System once you have completed your first request for support from the GoodSAM app.

If you have already done this and still haven’t received an email, please check your Junk/Spam folder on your email to make sure that it is not in there.

If you are still unable to find the email, please contact us via the following email address and we will be able to sort this out for you: [email protected]

What expenses can I claim for?

You have the opportunity to be reimbursed for any reasonable expenses which you incur whilst undertaking an NHS and Care Volunteer Responders activity.

You may make an expense claim for the following expense types:

  • Mileage
  • Public Transport
  • Phone Calls
  • Congestion Charge
  • ULEZ Charge
  • Toll charge Bridge/Road
  • Parking
  • Subsistence (Connect and Steward Volunteers only)
  • Activities (Connect Volunteers only)
What is the process for submitting my expenses?

You will have received a Quick Start Guide with your Username for the Expenses System, in an email from Royal Voluntary Service.

In the Quick Start Guide, you will find details of each stage of the process and the step-by-step instructions which you will need to do to complete that stage.

You will also find a host of ‘how to’ videos covering every aspect of making an expense claim which you may also find useful on the training page here: concur.co.uk/rvs 

Print entire guide
Page last reviewed: 09 February 2024